When the pandemic hit, many of the Skeptics in the Pub groups across the UK - and even further afield - got together to produce online events, collaborating on the highly-successful Skeptics in the Pub Online series.
Now that real-world, in-person events are back, skeptics are venturing back into their pub habitats, picking back up where we all left off - meeting new challenges along the way, as well as encountering familiar old issues, too.
At each QED, we provide an open workshop where organisers of local skeptical groups can meet to discuss how to face these challenges, share success stories, and swap tips with organisers from across the skeptical world.
So whether you’re a veteran of the Skeptics in the Pub scene, or you’re looking to set up a new group in your hometown, our workshop is for you. Running the workshop will be:
- Clio Bellenis is a member of the organising team of Winchester Skeptics in the Pub, and is their regular MC. She is also one of the hosts at Skeptics in the Pub Online.
- Pontus Böckman is the President of the Swedish Skeptics Association (Vetenskap och Folkbildning) and a co-host of the European Skeptics Podcast (the ESP). He is also a board member of the European Council of Skeptical Organisations
- Brian Eggo is most definitely NOT a rocket scientist. He is however the primary mouthpiece of Glasgow Skeptics, an occasional writer for The Skeptic, and he's even got a degree in Engineering.
- Kat Ford is a board member of the Merseyside Skeptics Society, a recovering PhD student, and a procrastinator extraordinaire.
- David Glass is an organiser for Skeptics in the Pub Online who have been running skeptical talks throughout the last couple of years. He generally tries to hide behind the camera.
You can join the workshop, along with the rest of our exciting line-up, at QED - tickets are available now.