The highlight of your May Bank Holiday is here: tickets to QED 2017 are now on sale! QED 2017 will take place on the 14th-15th of October, with tickets this year costing £109, or £75 for students and under 18s. In keeping with tradition, Friday 13th of October will once again be a free Skepticamp event for all to attend, paving the way for a packed weekend of science, reason and critical thinking.
Last year’s event was the biggest ever QED, with over 650 attendees converging at the Manchester’s Piccadilly Hotel to enjoy five rooms of skeptical presentations, panel discussions, podcasts, films, optical illusions and more. We’re working hard to make sure QED 2017 is just as exciting, interesting, varied, vibrant and entertaining, with guest speakers including:
- Physicist, oceanographer, broadcaster and writer Helen Czerski;
- Surgical oncologist and prolific quackery blogger David Gorski;
- Prison solicitor and skeptical investigator Emma McClure;
- Author of The Quack Doctor and The History of Medicine in 100 Facts, Caroline Rance;
- Professor of law and lead author of the 2013 report into the Hillsborough disaster, Phil Scraton;
- Director of March Against Myths and writer on science, health, medicine and food, Kavin Senapathy;
- Physicist, writer and chair of the Good Thinking Society, Simon Singh. Simon will be giving a demonstration of a genuine WWII Enigma machine.
Every weekend ticket also gives attendees access to our Saturday evening entertainment, as well as to the annual Ockham Awards for skeptical excellence, presented by The Skeptic magazine. Also available now are tickets to our ever-popular Gala Dinner, where you can share a meal in the company of our speakers... but hurry, because tickets to the dinner are limited, and will be gone before you know it! You can reserve your place at the dinner when you buy your ticket for the weekend.
Parents of children under 13 can take advantage of our reasonably-priced crèche, where for just £75 for the weekend your child will be supervised and entertained by fully-screened and registered professional childcare workers. Find out more about how to book a place at the crèche.
There’s still plenty for us to announce, including panel sessions, podcast recordings, evening entertainment and more speakers, plus a few extra surprises too... and be sure to follow us on Twitter or Facebook to make sure you don’t miss anything.
You can book your ticket now and we’ll see you in October!