The wait is over: tickets to QED 2016 are now on sale, still just £99, or £69 for students and under 18s. After a slightly-longer-than-usual break, we’re now just five months away from the UK’s largest skeptical conference, which will see more than 650 attendees come together for a weekend of science, reason and critical thinking.
Returning to our roots at Manchester’s Piccadilly Hotel on the 14th-16th October, the sixth QED promises to be our biggest yet, with guest speakers including:
- Broadcaster, statistician and creator of BBC Radio 4’s ‘More Or Less’, Michael Blastland;
- Social Psychologist and media sexual health advice columnist Petra Boynton;
- Hoax-video-debunking superhero Captain Disillusion;
- Comedian, writer and broadcaster Timandra Harkness;
- Australian science broadcaster and prolific popular science writer “Dr Karl” Kruszelnicki;
- Biologist and science communicator Sally Le Page;
- Science journalist, presenter and podcaster Cara Santa Maria;
- Author, technology writer and futurist Mark Stevenson.
Parents of children under 13 can take advantage of our reasonably-priced crèche, where for just £69 for the weekend your child will be supervised and entertained by fully-screened and registered professional childcare workers. Find out more about how to book a place at the crèche.
Also available now are tickets to our ever-popular Saturday evening Gala Dinner, where you can share a delicious three-course meal in the company of our speakers... but hurry, because tickets to the dinner are limited, and will be gone before you know it! You can reserve your place at the dinner when you buy your ticket for the weekend.
There’s still plenty for us to announce, including panel sessions, podcast recordings, evening entertainment and more, so be sure to follow us on Twitter or Facebook to make sure you don’t miss anything.
So book your ticket now and we’ll see you in October!